As students move into their Secondary School years, our curriculum continues to further develop fundamental subjects such as: Math, English, Science, Topic of Inquiry, Creative Arts, Personal Development Health and Physical Education. At IIS, we understand that this is an exciting yet challenging time for our students who are undergoing significant physical, emotional and social changes. That is why our personalised teaching approach ensures each individual receives close guidance and support as they prepare for the next stage of their learning journey.
Our Middle School consists of Grades 7 to 10 and is a time of further exploration. Students are exposed to a higher-level of subject matter while being encouraged to ask questions that require more sophisticated thinking skills. Our experienced teachers guide students as they become independent learners with the skills, knowledge, confidence and understanding to appreciate their contribution to society and better understand the crucial decisions they will make about their future and the role that they will play in the world.
As they continue their learning journey guided by the Australian Curriculum, our students will build on the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in today’s modern world. The syllabus focuses on developing key skills which are:
- Critical and creative thinking
- Ethical behaviour
- Information and Communication Technology competence
- Personal and social capabilities
- Intercultural understanding
Our students will prepare to take our internal Integrated International School Examination (IIS Examination) which is conducted in Grades 3, 5, 7 and 9.
For Grades 11-12, please enquire with our Admissions team for more information.
Our students are exposed to a higher-level of subject matter while being encouraged to ask questions that require more sophisticated thinking skills.
Our small class format with an exceptional student-to-teacher ratio (6:1) makes individual attention readily accessible and guarantees that students reach their full potential. We have built the IIS syllabus upon the foundations of the Australian curriculum that covers the fundamental subjects:
- Students develop knowledge, skills and understandings about the English language and literature. They will learn to create and interpret a range of literary and factual text.
- The study of the subject enables students to develop a positive self-concept as learners of Mathematics, they’ll learn how to recognize and apply all forms of Mathematics into their everyday lives and other key learning areas.
- Our hands-on exploratory programme stimulates students curiosity and helps them understand scientific concepts, skills, experiments and processes relating to Life, Physical and Earth sciences.
- Creative Arts
- The IIS programme aims to provide foundational learning in the art forms that continues in the subjects of visual arts, music, drama and dance.
- Topic of Inquiry
- This subject is up to the teachers’ discretion as they can request students’ input to discover what will peak their learning interests. For example, it could be a general subject like Geography or more specific like learning the history of Singapore.
- Personal Development Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
- The PDHPE programme emphasizes participation for all, with involvement in competition for upper primary students