Integrated International School, Singapore – Primary Level
Redefining success is not just our motto, but a living reality for each individual’s journey at Integrated International School (IIS). Our school teaches students the importance of self-belief, confidence, individuality, and happiness at primary level so that they can pave the way for their own journey of success. We take great pride in providing an inclusive environment, with two educational approaches: Mainstream and Mainstream With Support, based on our flexible syllabus following the British curriculum.
At IIS, we harness the natural curiosity and energy of our youngest learners. We draw upon a broad mix of theories and philosophies in early childhood education to ensure children enjoy new and exciting opportunities for developmental play and in-depth learning.
Inclusive Learning at the Integrated International School in The Primary Years
Integrated International School in Singapore takes a holistic approach to teaching, as we believe the early years are crucial to establishing a love for learning. By fostering natural curiosity and creativity, we help form the foundations of future learning at the primary level. Through our flexible, stimulating and personalised curriculum, our students have the opportunity to drive their learning, ask questions, ponder and challenge ideas and actively engage in new experiences.
Our primary students will prepare to take our internal Integrated International School Examination (IIS Examination) which is conducted in Grades 3, 5, and 8. External exams conducted through the Pearson Edexcel and Cambridge exam boards will be held in Grades 6, 9, 11, 12 and 13. Students can also enrol for the Cambridge AS/A Levels which take place in Grade 12 and 13.
Our small class format with an exceptional student-to-teacher ratio (5:1) makes individual attention readily accessible and guarantees that the students of our school reach their full potential. We have built our curriculum upon the foundations of the British and Pearson Edexcel curriculums to provide an all-rounded education for our students. Our tailored in-house modules cover the fundamental subjects:
- Students develop knowledge, skills and understandings about the English language and literature. They will learn to create and interpret a range of literary and factual texts.
- The study of the subject enables students to develop a positive self-concept as learners of Mathematics. They’ll learn how to recognise and apply all forms of Mathematics in their everyday lives and other key learning areas.
- Our hands-on exploratory programme stimulates students’ curiosity and helps them understand scientific concepts, skills, experiments and processes relating to Life, Physical and Earth sciences.
- Creative Arts
- The IIS programme aims to provide foundational learning in the art forms that continue in the subjects of visual arts, music, drama and dance.
- Topic of Inquiry
- This subject is up to the teacher’s discretion, as they can request students’ input to discover what will peak their learning interests. For example, it could be a general subject like Geography or more specific topics such as learning the history of Singapore.
- Personal Development Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
- The PDHPE programme emphasises participation for all, with involvement in competition for upper primary students.
The Integrated International School in Singapore encourages its primary level students to think outside of the box and redefine their own success.
We are honoured to be considered as the stepping stone of your child’s education. Hence, we welcome you to visit us to learn more about our education system. We look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have.
Book a Tour